Spilt Candle Wax
To remove spilt candle wax from furnishings first scrape off as much as you can with a knife, but be careful not to spread the wax even further. To remove the remainder of the spill, there are two methods hot and cold.
For the cold treatment, put some ice cubes into a plastic bag and hold it against the wax for a few minutes. As the wax gets colder, it should become brittle. Give the wax a sharp tap and it should break off in small pieces.
For the hot method, soften the wax by blasting it with hot air from a hairdryer. Then cover the wax with a clean absorbent cloth and use a warm iron over the top to melt the wax into the cloth. On soft furnishings, once youve removed the solid wax, you may also need to use a degreaser, such as Staines Devils Number 8, available at most hardware stores and supermarkets.
Be Candle Safe General Advice
We hope that all of your Candlelight Company purchases bring that special touch to your home but take care and use them safely, here are some general safety tips that you should always follow:
- Always place lit candles well away from foliage, furniture, curtains and soft furnishings that may not be fire retardant, and always out of draughts
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets
- Never leave a candle unattended
- Keep candles away from hair and clothing
- Always place candles upright in suitable holders that cant easily fall over and place on a heat resistant surface
- Always be sure candles are properly extinguished
- Always extinguish candles with a candle snuffer, do not blow them out as this will displace the candle wick and cause the candle to smoke the next time it is lit
- Trim wick to 0.5cm before lighting and relighting